Thursday, January 15, 2009

classes etc.

Since our three day orientation session I've really only had Spanish class in the morning. I'm in an intermediate class with about 12 others, 4 of the architecture kids and the rest are in the business and culture program. Our teacher has an uncanny resemblance to Anne Hathaway. She's pretty patient with our blank stares and fairly good at explaining things, so I've been enjoying it.

I'm looking forward to other classes starting on the 26th. The Spanish class will then go to being only MWF in the morning. I'll have my studio class in the afternoons tuesday and thursday, and another core course - the City in Visual Culture class on mondays and wednesdays, and internship will start then, including an internship seminar class every wednesay. I need to set up a meeting sometime in the next week to meet with the firm, Canal Grande. I'm excited for the chance to branch out and actually meet more Spanish people, we've been a little stuck in our little group of "archies." Some of the students are taking classes now with Spanish students here at ELISAVA school of design, but I wasn't able to do it because of the internship.

So! To contact me while I'm over here...Email is always good and I am able to check it at least daily: lkdeibler@gmail.com. That's also the email linked w/my skype account, although I normally use MSN messenger which is lkdeibler@webmail.bmi.net. Or facebook works too!

I can receive letters at my host family here or packages can be sent to the CIEE office and they'll give them to me. Let me know if you want those addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment