Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last week's highlights

So I did pretty well on my list for last week, 5 of 7 were completed? Decent, I think. Flamenco was very cool! I can't believe how fast the dancer moved his feet! I didn't get any pictures, it was only a half an hour show. A guy played some Spanish guitar first, then the whole band came out and performed a number, and finally a guy danced some flamenco for us. It was overall a kind of bizarre experience, I wasn't expecting only a male dancer - he seemed like a rather odd guy in general too. It was still a very interesting experience and worth the walk.


Something that wasn't on my list: I finally made it down to the beach! Several of the girls in my program have been itching to see "Bride Wars"... there are posters all over town for "Guerra de Novias" movie. The only place in town that they found with it in English was in the old Olympic Village part of town down by the beach (or so we thought). After class we tried to walk over there, though the shortcut through the park was thwarted by some government building blocking the way. Apparently the movie wasn't playing at this branch of the theater, so we just wandered around a bit in that area, checked out the Gehry sculpture and found some cool stuff to play on at the beach. This guy had a fire built in his sandcastle and smoke coming out of the top!


I didn't make it to the Juan Miro museum yet, had some bank stuff to take care of when the others went and also didn't accomplish the sketching. However, the Bible study Wednesday turned out to be a book study on prayer, I'm excited for it, hopefully my Spanish will continue to improve so I can actively participate. The Spanish test went fairly well, and meeting the firm was awesome! I'll write more about them once I start work Tuesday. Madrid gets a separate post as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment