Monday, January 12, 2009

Mas fotos


Ok, a bit more about life here and another link to more pictures!

A week ago, Monday night, I met my host family for the first time! My senora's name is Antonia and I'm living here with her, her daughter Maria, and George(Antonia's boyfriend from Quebec). It was crazy getting here the first night since it was El Dia de los Reyes and there was a huge parade right in front of the apartment. When I got here the whole family was gathered, including Antonia's son and family and her ex-husband. They all opened presents and we had a big meal with lots of odd seafood and other yummy stuff.

It's an interesting mix of languages here - George knows French, some English, and some Spanish. Antonia knows Spanish, Catalan, some French, and some English. Maria knows Spanish, Catalan, French, and English(she actually studied in Portland, OR for a while). All I know is English and some Spanish!! We do alright communicating, I'm trying to stay away from the English, but it's really tempting since they know it so well.

They've been taking good care of me, I've got a nice room, two big closets to myself, fast internet access, hot(ish) water and they definitely feed me well! My favorite so far has been the Spanish tortillas with potatoes and eggs and zuchinni.

Anyhow, time for some sleep! More on classes and new friends later!

New photos from my afternoon at Park Guell and other stuff:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=35303978&l=7da67&id=27214314

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've started a grand adventure.
    It's hard to imagine what it would be like to be able to speak four languages.
    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete